Having multiple email address is easy, but checking each mailbox is really a time-taking and toughest job. If you are scared of missing email, apply this trick today to manage all emails at one place – Gmail.
Here I’m going to tell you a very simplest way which still work for free. Now you can easily get rid of boring inbuilt email clients of cpanel such as – Roundcube, Squirrel Mail, etc. Using this technique you can send and receive emails from multiple custom email address at single Gmail ID
Let’s learn step by step
- Login to your cPanel
- Go to Email account section
- Select your choice email address, from drop-down option
Click on Access Web Mail
- Go to Forwarding Options
- Click on Add Forwarder button
- Enter your own email address, on which you want to receive your all emails of your custom domain-email. Then, click on Add Forwarder button.
- You will see a confirmation message like this.
- Now go to Gmail settings
- Under Accounts and Import option, Click on Add another Email address
- Enter here your custom email address & click on Next Step
- Here you have enter your SMTP server name, port, username and password. If you didn’t remember your password. You can change it. Now main thing is SMTP details which you can grab at ‘Configure Email Client‘ option under email section of your cPanel. (Ref: Step 3). You can also contact from host for getting SMTP information.
- On configuration page, you can find your SMTP server name and PORT no.
- Depending upon your hosting environment. Few host allows to access mail over PORT 25(non-secure) and few strictly requires SSL/TLS settings due to security concern. My host requires secure settings. So, my setting will be as follows
- Now, It’s time to verify the email address to successfully connect. Kindly, Check your custom email inbox, enter verification code and click verify.
- For your convenience, you should choose ‘Reply from the same address the message was sent to‘
- You can test it via composing a new Email. You will see it is working fine and now you can send email to anyone with your custom email address, without opening boring cPanel web-mail client.
- Interesting Tips : You can set your custom email in Gmail as your default email for sending all email. This feature you can get at Gmail setting – Account tab.In HTML mode of Gmail, you can’t change ‘from email’ directly from compose mail box, so this technique will improve the experience of using Email even on slow Internet connections.
Bonus Security Tips: Kindly don’t compromise with Security. I would highly recommend you to keep update your mobile number and make sure you enable 2-Step verification in your Gmail Account Settings. Because, you know well that Gmail is not like Yada..Yada fake Facebook account. Generally, People use Gmail ID to sign in so many other Google services. Hence, security of this email is extremely important. You can manage this settings at account.google.com under sign in option.
Note: Well, this method is limited for sending and receiving email. But, if you want to host email directly on Gmail Server, and apart from email-hosting if you want to enjoy full access of Google service over custom domain email, then you should go with Google Apps for Work. At billing page, You can use this Coupon code for 20% off for first year of Google Apps.
Expires on 02/2017
Or, you can leave this part. Since first 30 days you will get free-trial.
I’d highly appreciate if you have could share feedback or suggestion for this article. Thanks.