Do you want to become famous on Facebook? You need to apply some smart strategy of promotion which your competitor are utilizing, but you are not aware of that cool techniques. I’m damn sure, in daily life when you are using Facebook, and you might have crossed or used this feature of Facebook so many times. Let me explain why it is necessary to have an application of Facebook from very first day of your blogging journey.
The main motto of Facebook application is to integrate your website to Facebook to generate more organic clicks via a promotional link. Let me explain you through an example.
If you ever shared a YouTube video on Facebook, you might have noticed a unique tagline in that particular link post “via YouTube.”
So, here what is a ‘via YouTube‘?
Via YouTube is a standard link, when you click you will be redirected to YouTube homepage. So, in this YouTube is getting free traffic via Facebook.
How ‘via YouTube’ came on the shared link of Facebook?
Because, the admin of YouTube has created a Facebook app with the name “YouTube”, which is integrated as App id of every shared link. So, people when share video on Facebook, it automatically comes via YouTube. That’s it.
Wouldn’t be nice, if this same feature you will enjoy when anybody shares your blog post on Facebook? And it will say via “Your Brand Name.”
Do You want like this? Kindly, go ahead to next step. In this post, I’ll guide you step by step, how easily you can get a Facebook app for your blog.
Before proceeding this whole tips, let me give you a quick, honest idea. Make sure; your Facebook profile have linked to your mobile number. Or, you may not be able to proceed below steps.
- Go to https://developers.facebook.com/apps
and click on “Create a New App” green button.
- Enter your brand name, select appropriate category and click on “Create App ID.”
- Now you need to prove yourself to Facebook that you are not an automated bot or spammer. So, kindly solve the captcha and go ahead to next step.
- Now you will see your new Facebook application dashboard. Get your Facebook App ID, save it to your notepad. Later, you will need to add in the last step.
- Now, Go to Settings option. Then, click on “Add Platform“.
- Here, you need to select Website platform
- Now enter your Website URL. Also, don’t forget to add email id. In Contact Email field, add same Email id which you are using on Facebook and click save changes button. If you get any error make sure, you have added a correct email address. In ‘app domain’ field, please enter your domain name.
- Now a very natural step, go to App Review option. Facebook will ask “Do you want to make this app and all its live features available to the general public? Switch to Yes. You need to confirm your decision by clicking on confirm button. After this step, anybody can find your App on Facebook.
- In Facebook App Detail, if you wish you can fill your logo, details of your brand yourself. Here, I’m skipping this boring part. It is not a mandatory step. But, you can improve click rate by adding an icon.
- So, now you have created your Facebook Application. It’s time to integrate your website with your newly created Facebook app. If You are using Yoast SEO plugin on your self-hosted WordPress blog, only go to Yoast > Social Settings > Under Facebook Tab, just you need to put your app id and click save changes. Done.
Alternatively, you can put this meta tag above </head> manually.
<meta property="fb:app_id" content="Your_App_ID_Number" />
- Well, Facebook still need to know that you have made these advance changes in your website. So, you can help their crawler to let them know. So, go to Facebook Debug tool. Enter your website URL and click once on Fetch new scrape information.
- Now whenever your website URL will be shared on Facebook, you will see a difference in the shared post, that Your brand name will appear near privacy button.
That’s a significant benefit of adding this application to get free exposure via Facebook. Through this similar Application method, you can even redirect your target audience to your specific inner pages too.Whom should implement this technique?
– You should apply for your blog. Suppose, If you have something valuable tool as a web app.
A useful tip: Facebook doesn’t allow linking an app to Twitter. But, I have found a way, you can do redirect even to the Twitter page via a regular 301 redirection.
See example, how I added via redirection plugin, and it worked for me as expected. LOL
Thanks for reading, please let me know how did you like this Tutorial.