80-90% page load time depends on static assets such as CSS, Fonts, JS, Images, etc. Off-loading these static assets to a BunnyCDN (Content Delivery Network) can make a site 3x faster. A CDN is a form of a geographically distributed network that helps serving content quickly from the nearest PoP.
❤️ Introducing My favourite BunnyCDN 🎉
Launched in 2015, BunnyCDN is a Slovenia based CDN company that provides highly affordable, blazing-fast CDN with enterprise-level of security. Since then company is dominating CDN market with the disrupting pricing and outstanding features. Especially for India, this is the most affordable CDN ever.
The Datacenter location of a CDN greatly matter. As much as closer to your target audience, it would be faster for them.
BunnyCDN has 42 PoPs with Tier 1 network. 👌
- Dallas Volume
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Jose
Asia & Oceania
- Hong Kong
- Lagos (recently added)
- São Paulo
- Santiago (recently added)
Excellent Backend Technology 💪
- 18 Tbps+ Network capacity
- SSD powered NGINX Server
- HTTP/2 Network Protocol that is much faster than HTTP 1.1
- Brotli with fall back to gzip for HTTP Compression
- Anycast for DNS and Geo IP routing
- TLS 1.3, it’s 2x faster than TLS 1.2
Evident Low Latency Performance 😯
TTFB (Time to the First Byte) is an important metric which indicates the server responsiveness. Ideally, under 100ms is respectful.
Priority Support from BunnyCDN Team
- My experience with BunnyCDN is like being a privileged customer. 😎
- I received the fastest technical support with an average response time of 1 hour 33 minutes only. 👏
A customer-centric company
- Before your credit expires, they send a graceful reminder instead. 👏
- They are quite active on Twitter with useful updates. 📣
A beginner-friendly Dashboard 👏
- The dashboard has a simple UI and comes with easy documentation.
Notable Features of BunnyCDN Dashboard 👏
- General: Custom CNAME hostnames, HTTP/2, TLS 1.3, Brotli & GZIP Compression, WebP Images, etc.
- Security: Let’s Encrypt SSL, Country Blocking, One-click CORS headers, Edge Rule, etc.
- Billing: Pay as you go, Overcharge protection, pay with PayPal, Credit Card, Bitcoin, credits never expires.
- Advanced: API, Edge Rules, the option to Purge Cache Instantly, etc.
- Privacy: GDPR compliant.
- Logs: Error logs by HTTP response type, Real-time log monitor, etc.
- Perma Cache: It can do geo-replication of cache in few important locations as of now.
What am I missing at BunnyCDN? 😢
- Purge by Tag
Pricing Vs Performace Benchmark 💪
Let’s see where BunnyCDN stand in the competition of the CDN market.
- Pricing: BunnyCDN offers 14 days free trial without credit card. Later, pay As You Go Plan plan. No contract.
- Performance: I have discovered the average response time of TTFB under 39.45 ms.
- Reference: According to CDNPerf data, currently BunnyCDN is the 10th fastest CDN in the world.
|Europe & North America||$0.01/GB|
|Asia & Oceania||$0.03/GB|
👉 Since 22 July 2019, BunnyCDN requires minimum $1 monthly payment. Means, your bill cannot go below than this as long you use its services.
Comparison with its competitors 🔥
KeyCDN offers 1-month free trial, requires a $50 minimum advanced deposit that expires in a year. Performance-wise, it’s almost similar to BunnyCDN.
|Region||First 10 TB|
|Next 40 TB|
|Next 100 TB|
|Next 350 TB|
|South Africa South America||$0.14/GB||$0.10/GB||$0.08/GB||$0.05/GB|
Amazon Cloudfront, one of the fastest CDN for India, however, it’s costly compared to BunnyCDN. They have Pay As You Go model monthly invoice based pricing.
|Per Month||United States & Canada||Europe||South Africa & Middle East||Japan||Australia||Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, & Philippines||India||South America|
Cloudflare is a reputed brand, they provide generous free services to try their platform.
They also have Free, Pro, Business and Enterprise plan with big clients and associated with many popular hosting companies like Siteground.
I do not recommend using its free plan for a site with Indian audience due to inconsistent routing to Indian DC, subject to visitor’s ISP.
However, free plan is still good for DNS, and proxy if you just want to sustain your heavy traffic.
If you want real improvement in the performance, you should always prefer its premium plans like Pro, Business or Enterprise with Argo.
Cloudflare CDN by nature works as a reverse proxy not pull zone, so it comes with its own pro and cons depending upon usage case.
Conclusion: BunnyCDN beats everyone in terms of lowest pricing while still delivering amazing performance.
If you want to try BunnyCDN, feel free to sign up free trial and follow the below steps to set up with WordPress.
Using BunnyCDN with WordPress and Cloudflare DNS 😍
I know that you are thinking, Cloudflare is already a CDN then how we can use together? See, we can use Cloudflare just as a DNS manager without using its reverse-proxy based CDN.
- A BunnyCDN account
- WordPress Dashboard with the Administrator role
- DNS manager (optional if you want to set up custom hostname)
Add a new Pull zone
Add a CNAME
For example, here I selected cdn.gulshankumar.net
At Cloudflare DNS, point custom hostname to BunnyCDN
Install Let’s Encrypt SSL for Custom hostname 🔒
How to Integrate BunnyCDN in WordPress?
- Install and activate BunnyCDN plugin
- Configure in advanced mode as indicated below via screenshots
If you’re using a cache plugin WP Rocket, navigate to CDN option and enter the Pull Zone hostname
Conclusion as per my personal experience
- I have nothing against it, all I can say it’s worth every penny.
What is BunnyCDN?
Founded by Dejan Grofelnik Pelzel in 2015, BunnyCDN is web performance company based in Slovenia, founded by small group of passionate people who want to deliver amazing performance at best price. The company offers some helpful services such as Content Delivery Network, Cloud Storage, Video Delivery, Software Distribution solution. Being GDPR compliant is another notable thing about this company.
Where is the BunnyCDN Datacenters?
Europe, North America, Africa, South America, Asia & Oceania. It is globally faster with average latency of 39ms.
Does BunnyCDN support serving from cookies-free domains?
Yes, you can serve static resources stripping all cookies.
Does BunnyCDN support WebP images?
BunnyCDN can gracefully serve WebP images for the modern browsers like Chrome, Firefox while traditional format for other browsers. This features require enabling BunnyCDN Optimizer.
What is BunnyCDN Pricing model?
First off, BunnyCDN offers 14 days free trial. If you continue using services, you need to pay minimum $1 or max as per billing. The services is based on Pay as you Go model. You pay only what you use. There is no contract system.
How do I integrate BunnyCDN with WordPress?
You can use its official plugin.
Can I host Static WordPress site?
It is possible to host ultra-secure, fastest WordPress in Static form. Follow this tutorial to learn how.
Let me knows if you have any question. I would be happy to clarify. 🤗